peasprout spouts

sharing is caring. food is love.

Saturday, October 15

Sourdough English Muffins...have FINALLY hit the scene. Prepping them was easy. I woke up Emilio, my starter, and we were on the road...

1/2 cup starter
1 cup milk
2 cups flour


After they mixed, I left them to party all night b/c I really am much more of a homebody. When I woke up this morning, the gang was all bubbly and raring to go. So we started the partying again, adding some more fun and games...

3/4 cup flour
1 TBSP sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda


I mixed it all together and tried to roll it out, but i think the best deal is to let them do their own thing. So they did, for about two hours til I came back from breakfast at the Great Harvest. Then I just scooped out 1/4 cups onto a dry pan and let them fry til the wet side dried out enough to flip over. Cornmeal could've been sprinkled onto the pan, but I didn't have any. O well. At any rate, this made a little over a dozen english muffins, which are supposed to taste even BETTER after they've dried out. (I was instructed to leave them slightly undercook, so you could toast them to perfection). Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home