Challah French Toast w/ Berries
1 cup of milk
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 or 2 pinches of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. soak the challah (cut into 1" slices) for about 1-2 minutes each.
2. use canola oil for the pan-frying bit.
3. then stick it into the oven (350) for about 5 minutes or until the middle puffs up. best if the outside isn't super cooked.
4. if you use frozen berries, just defrost in the microwave and dump atop, juices and all.
5. top w/ some powdered sugar and Vermont maple syrup, or even possibly ice cream.