peasprout spouts

sharing is caring. food is love.

Wednesday, July 19

Eggplant Quiche

Trying to use up half an aubergine, I thought why not try a quiche? Try as I might, no one had a recipe for Eggplant Quiche. When I googled it...I actually came up empty-handed! Unbelieveable. My faith in Google is shaken. Nevertheless, I decided to put some faith into my own creativity and tack together my own recipe. Having only a few encounters with making my quiches, I managed to produce this edible dish...

Eggplant Quiche
1 piecrust (i bought it)
1/2 of a medium eggplant (diced or sliced)
1/2 of a Vidalia onion (diced)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 cup robust Emmenthal

Beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, oregano, pepper, and thyme. (I seasoned accordingly.) Place eggplant and onion into piecrust (probably should prebake it for 8-10 minutes). Pour in egg mixture. Grate cheese on top. Into preheated oven of 375 for 30-40 minutes.

There were several thoughts for variations/improvement. Mix in the cheese. Try a different cheese. Try one less egg, or less milk. Try different seasoning. Include mushrooms, or garlic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home