Lemon Almond Blueberry Biscotti
(adapted from Maida Heatter's recipe)
1/2 and 1/8 cup of slivered or chopped almonds
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup minus 1 TBSP of granulated sugar
1 cup dried blueberries (probably frozen would work as well)
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 TBSP lemon extract (probably juice and zest would be a grand addition)
Quick and Dirty:
1. Mix together dry ingredients
2. Beat egg together with extracts
3. Stir egg mixture into dry. Note: it's a very dry dough, requires a bit of patience.
4. Shape into loaf
5. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Remove to cool for 20 minutes. Lower oven temp to 275.
6. Slice into biscotti shape, and rebake at 275 for another 20 minutes or so.
Nitty and Gritty, according to Maida Heatter.